older posts

Show more

Hot Mess Success April 2021

Hi all, I am here today with my Hot Mess card. I'm late in posting as I wasn't able to get it done before I left the house this morning. As I was trying to figure out which techinque I saw this card here  I fell in love with it so I found the instructions (which I saved and can't find as I post this) and tried to recreate it with a different background.  I used an old retired background stamp from SU and stamped it on watercolor paper with craft ink and used white embossing powder to emboss the image. I then took distress ink pads and applied them directly to a craft sheet. I misted the watercolor paper and then misted the ink on the craft sheet. I pressed the water color paper onto the craft sheet to transfer color to the image. I first learned this techinque when I went to a class using distress inks and totally forgot about it. After getting all the ink applied I went back with a waterbrush and darkened some of the boxes. The image is Brystl girl from unity. I had colored her up awhile ago and thought she would look good with this card. I struggled with the layout and came up with this. I didn't really like it at first but it has grown on me. I cut the word celebrate 3 times and mounted that on the card as well.

Here is my card:


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I do really appreciate it. If you get a chance stop by the other hot mess challenge blogs. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol 


Comments

MiamiKel said…
Oh Carol that is an absolutely beautiful background for your Bristol girl! I can see why the original card turned your head but yours is absolutely breathtaking!
aussie aNNie said…
Fabulous background love the image too. x
Carol, your background looks fabulous - such a pretty technique! And of course I love the Unity stamp you used.Lovely card!
What a wonderful background Carol - thanks for sharing how you did it. A gorgeous card overall
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Barb said…
Carol--this background is stunning. Love the colors you picked. And, I know that Unity image is my favorite of all time!
Shelly Schmidt said…
This is so pretty- love the distress inked background- and love the coloring of the image you used! Beautiful card!
Hi Carol, I love this card. Your background grabbed my attention, and also I love this lady.