older posts

Show more

Mo's Challenge #76--Buttons 'n Bows

Well, Happy Tuesday all...(I need to watch myself as I have been so busy lately that I have gone entire days thinking it was a day later than it was...sigh...). Today I have a card for Mo's Challenge #76, Buttons 'n Bows. I loved this image when I saw her and thought she would be perfect for this challenge..Nelly is her name...(I think she is probably sweeter than Nellie was in Little House on the Prairie...giggle, giggle). I love these little girls in the full fluffy dresses, it reminds me of when I was little. I was always wearing dresses with lots of big slips under them. I digress here...so will get back on track...


I had colored her up in purple a couple weeks ago just for fun and decided to put her on this card with some white bows..I used 1/2 pearls as the buttons as regular buttons didn't give this the whole effect I was looking for. I used SU concord grape for the base card and the lighter purple is a satiny looking dsp I picked up at JoAnns planning on using it for paper piecing..but it seemed to work just right here..I used an ek success punch for the white border and of course I couldn't let her not have a little glitter on her to bring out her shining personality...lol...I think she turned out ok...the only problem is when I color and then snap a picture, my mistakes show more readily in the picture than to the naked eye...sigh..

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked the card.
Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Dawn B. said…
This is adorable.. I love all the bows you added. They are perfect for this card. Great job and thanks so much for joining us at MO's this week.
kadie said…
OOOOOh, Carol, this is BEAutiful! Actually, I saw the title of your post and I accidentally read MO's challenge 76 buttons and bows...and thought, woah, that's a lot of buttons and bows for a challenge. heehee. doh
Beautiful card, as always, my friend!
kadie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
kadie said…
And I don't see any mistakes! Whatchu talkin 'bout, Carol?
MiamiKel said…
Okay, so this is a swap card and we can DIBBS it, right? This is fabby, Carol! Love it when an image precolored comes together so nicely in a card! I do it in reverse and have to color it to match papers, lol! Fab bows and pearls! Lovin' this Mos ... never knew she had so many! Love ya! x0x0
Pat said…
Oh how pretty!! I love this little Nellie too...and I'm pretty sure she's far nicer than that Nellie on Little House on the Prairie! hehehe!! Gorgeous coloring! Love it! Pat Frank
April said…
WOW!
I don't have anything else to say!! I adore this card; and am so happy that you turned me on to Mo's!!
~Paola~ said…
Such a wonderful coloring on this fabby Mo's image...
the whole card ensamble is absolutly adorable and girly-frilly:o) xox
:: BlueInks :: said…
The colors are perfect on this card. That satin DP works like magic! I like the diagonal and the edge punch trim.
Dorcas said…
Gorgeous job on this! I’m so glad you could play with us at Mo’s DP2 Challenge!
Hugs,
Dorcas
Barb said…
Great Card--I love the image and the colors. I bet Nellie from LHOTP would love it too!
Unknown said…
wow!!! Its really awesome... I love this color and designs. she is very beautiful and pretty in this cute dress. Thanks for this great card.
Ecommerce website
development