older posts

Show more

Dueling Darlings August Challenge "Its so hot....let's cool off"

Once again it is time to rise to the challenge....the Dueling Darling challenge that is...Our sweet hostesses this month were Judy from the Diva's and Paola (aka Sweet P) from the Dazzlers. The challenge was "it's so hot...let's cool off". What a fun, fun, fun kit Judy sent us..There were soooooooo many elements that it was hard to choose what to use. There were 4 different images to use--beach babe by Close to my heart---sparkling summer by SU--- beach chair, umbrella and ball by Great Impressions and ---hammock by Savvy Stamps. I chose the beach babe to color up  from CTMH. I colored her with my copics and then had a blast putting together my card....


Isn't she just fun...Judy also sent along 5 pieces of dsp from the Margarita collection by American Crafts..3 pieces of ribbon...10 buttons in a variety of colors and sizes...3 hot pink rose buds---3 K&C brads---sea themed stickers by Jolee--Cricut die cuts....palm trees, flamingo, clouds, "sunshire" and a swirl in variety of colors along with a big blingy flower. I loved all the bright designer paper so I tried to use a sketch in which I could use as many as possible. I chose SC193 for this card... 



I was able to use 4 of the 5 pieces of dsp (which were double sided). I also used the sunshine die cut for the front of the card along with 3 of the buttons. I challenged myself to decorate the inside of the card....(I love how the girls in this challenge group so often do this and do it so well...)


I used one of the pieces of dsp from the front and layered it on top of my card base, I then layered a white piece of card stock on top of this...The little sea creatures by Jolee were begging to join the inside of the card and who was I to refuse them...(I think one probably would have been enough but I was on a roll...lol).  Anyway, this is my card for this months challenge. I do hope you enjoyed seeing it...

If you have a chance...stop by all the dueling darlings and check out their creations. I am certain you won't be disappointed...

Thank you for stopping by.....until next time.

Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Barb said…
Oh My Carol--this card is awesome. I love the layout and I need to remember to use strips of DSP liek that when we have so many to choose from in out kits.

I LOVE the inside of your card and the dot on the "i".

Awesome Creations this month!
Judy McMullen said…
Wow! Great use of the elements in the card kit, Carol!! Love how you used the various DSP, your beautifully colored image and fantastic interior design!!! So glad you loved the kit.
:: BlueInks :: said…
I love the layout on this card. Those thin strips of DP with the buttons....I'm going to have to remember that one! Great job using multiple elements of the kit, Carol. Cute card!
Darlene said…
My oh my, but this is so wonderful!! LOVE the inside!!! Such a fun kit and you have really done well by it. Super job as usual, Carol!! Hugs!
April said…
I love how this all came together! I am so bad at making dp work for me! You rocked this, my dear friend!!
Oh my goodness, Carol, your card is fantastic!!! I love how you colored the beach babe..........and those strips of DP behind her are awesome! Love the inside of your card, too.
MiamiKel said…
Ohhhhh lookie, I did the same thing with my card inside, lol! GMTA! How delightful this is - love the card design, and the little brad for the "i" - how cute is that! SUPER sweet, this could be lil miss on the sandy beach :) Big hugs!!
Terry Ladwig said…
Awesome card Carol both inside and out!! I love how you used the DP on the front of the card with the buttons! Very cool way to showcase the image!!

Love it!!
Laura Jean (LJ) said…
Carol - just love this especially how the sunshine due cut just sticks out so boldly!!! Wonderful coloring too!
dweatter said…
What an awesome card. I so have to case this layout...it's wonderful. Your coloring of the image is fabulous! And I love the three buttons.
Melina said…
love that layout/sketch! very pretty colors in the kit :)