older posts

Show more

Mystery Image challenge card....

Hi all, can you believe it.....I am back again this week...The lovely, talented Barb was our host for this swap and she had us make our cards with this ADORABLE Whipper Snapper Snowman image...I loved him the minute I saw him...I colored him and his cute little friend up almost immediately and then the images sat on my desk as life took over...sigh..anyway, I did get the cards done and they are winging their way to Barb as I type...hopefully they will be there tomorrow...

I must say I have been into the weird and wacky colors for the holidays this year...dark browns, kraft, black, white with of course the normal colors mixed in...I love this little pair and used my metallic silver pen to color the bottom anchor and blades of the skates....and of course my trusty glitter to accent the snow on his hat...I also scored some blig at Michaels for really reasonable and thought I should add some more bling to my card...lol....The layout is really simple and I actually like how it turned out...

On the inside I took an old SU snowflake punch and punched in the corner of the white paper. Then I mounted it on the umber base so the brown would show through...I was going to add a friendship saying but decided that the person who receives this card in the swap may have another purpose in mind for the card so chose to leave it off.

I hope that you like my card...stop by and see the other mystery cards...you will see some in my sidebar and some on SCS in the gallery...

Thanks Barb for the fun challenge and swap (although I have been MIA alot....)

Thanks for stopping by.....

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

:: BlueInks :: said…
I love the glitter snow! You colored Prescott perfectly. I also really like that DP that you used in the background.

You rocked the challenge!
April said…
Woohoo! I am loving this version of Prescott! I loved this theme and you did it up so well!


ps.....I MISS YOU!
Oh, Carol... your Prescott card is darling! Love the colors you chose... and the details! Awesome!!!
~Paola~ said…
awww....such sweeeeetttt Prescott and colored sooo beautifully...I need to learn to be more 'adventurous' with color choices as I would have never picked red and light blue together but oh myyy...look what an awesome combo they truly make!!! *txs for the tip g/f!*...and YES I sooooo miss you toooooo (very much!!!)
Luv the blingssss on the side too...clever girl you! :o) xoxox