older posts

Show more

DDD June 2015 Show your Patriotism

Hi all....July 1st and I'm posting...ughhhh...I had knee surgery and much to my dismay I didn't get a lot of crafting done the first couple weeks. I finally got my DDD card done then promptly misplaced it along with my glasses...now my mind is back with me and I think I'm on my way to crafting again. Our wonderful hostesses for this round were Terry for the Darlings and Barb for the Divas....Barb sent us an amazing kit chock full of red, white and blue papers, embellishments and ribbons. The image is Glory Bee from whipper snapper....awesome image to work with and the kit....my oh my...So I attempted to create a bee hive with the dsp's with a door. The handle on the door uses one of the brads as a knob. In the upper left hand corner of the card is a cute red-white and blue hat brad I thought would be wonderful to use on the card...Here is the card:


On the inside of the card I used some remaining dsp to add some interest...


I took the pictures with my camera to see if I would have an easier time incorporating it into the blog. Jury is still out on that one...

An added challenge was to let you know what I personally think of when I see the flag....so here goes.
My FIL-father--BIL--niece and son in law were/are all in the service. I am so proud when the flag is presented, it almost gives me goose bumps. I am grateful for all the men, women and families that have sacrificed for us so that we are able to live the lives we now do....I am forever grateful to them.

I know I'm late in posting but I would love for you to drop by the other DDD blogs as I am sure you won't be disappointed....

Thanks so much for stopping by..

Until next time...
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Barb said…
Carol--this card is wonderful. How creative to make a hive--great idea! I love how you used so many of the papers and I sure am glad you are on the mend!
MiamiKel said…
So glad you are feeling better, my friend, and are back to stamping! This was worth the wait, as is your post about your military family members - I thank them for their service ♥ Hugs!
Carol, how did I miss posting a comment here? Your guess is as good as mine.

I'm glad I happened along today - because your card is so cute!