older posts

Show more

DDD July 2016 "Christmas in July"

Hi all, I've been MIA lately. Extra duties at work and orchestrating a shower for my Goddaughter's wedding has been taking a slice of my crafting time. Still crafting only not cards..It is once again time to get our duel on. This month our fearless leaders Jeanette for the Dazzlers and Kelly for the Divas chose "Christmas in July " as our theme. Here is what Kelly sent us and the details.


Hi Divas! The theme for your card kit this month is: Christmas in July!

Jeanette and I decided not to go with a religious Christmas, and instead, we are going traditional. For the Divas, I've given it an extra spin and I'm calling it Whimsical Christmas in July! Every year growing up, my brother and I would wait for the Charlie Brown specials to come on  From the Great Pumpkin to the Charlie Brown Christmas, we'd be glued to the tv. I was lucky to get a few Snoopy stamps before they retired including this Snoopy's Christmas Doghouse, so I chose the papers, embellies to go around Snoopy and his colorful doghouse Cmas lights ♥

Image: Stampendous Snoopy's Doghouse, sentiments are from The Alley Way Stamps "Jolly Holiday", stamped onto Recollections #110 cardtock in Momento Tuxedo Black ink.

DSP: Crate Paper "Snow Days"

Embellishments: Sequin ribbon - Jay's Ribbon Company, loose sequins from HSN, teardrop gems from Recollections, Bling from Kaiser; buttons from Prima, Basic Grey; mics ribbons from offray, SU!, Hobby Lobby.

Your extra challenge this month is this: The Divas and Dazzlers are getting a jump start on Christmas this year with our theme "Christmas in July". Please share in your post: what is the first thing you do each year to get in the Christmas spirit?
Happy Crafting and MERRY CHRISTMAS!  ~Kelly


I had fun with this kit and the image is so cute, I chose to use all four of the dsp papers Kelly sent us. I colored the image with copics and I used black sparkly paper as a base. I have used a little glitter on each of the bulbs strung on Snoopy's house. I wrapped the bakers twine around one of the layers then threaded it through one of the buttons Kelly sent along. I wanted to use more embellishments but I wanted to keep it clean so the dsp stood out and the image was highlighted. I hope you like my card.



Here is the inside.



For the second challenge the first thing that gets me in the Christmas spirit is to put Christmas music on and putting up the tree right after Thanksgiving. As a child we never put up a tree until the week of Christmas which I really didn't like. We usually had a form of a Charlie Brown tree....but it always had awesome goodies under it. As I got older I would wait until everyone went to bed, turn off the lights, turn on the Christmas tree lights and listen to Christmas music....it was awesome.


Thanks so much for stopping by, I really appreciate it. Please take time and visit the other duelers blogs, I know you won't be disappointed.

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol





Comments

Barb said…
I love your card Carol--your rocked the duel with the use of all of the patterned paper--YAY! I love the layout and your coloring is wonderful. I too love to put on the music and decorate away!
:: BlueInks :: said…
You are the queen of using all the DP! They look so good in your layout. I think the lights on the house look amazing - nice job! I too like the 'quiet' viewing of the tree late night. Peaceful!
Shelly Schmidt said…
Awesome card! I just love that snoopy image and think of the Charlie Brown Christmas when I see it! Love the great DP your group worked with. Love the inside as well- such a great way to finish a card!
Laura Jean (LJ) said…
This card is so amazing carol!

Love all of the layers - all that patterned paper screams Christmas - even if it is July!
Carol, your card is amazing! And of course you added glitter to the lights. Why wouldn't you!?!?!

I loved hearing about not only what you do now to get in the Christmas spirit, but also what Christmas was like for you as a child.
~Paola~ said…
ohh wowwww!! Look at this winning card hands down!! LOVEEEE all your beautiful layering my friend ,in fact I am gonna case this idea soon...Your card screamsss happiness both outside and inside! We sure are similar creatures Carol...I too put Xmas music first thing ,to set the mood...and also sit and enjpy either music or the dancing,musical tree lights -in the dark- when the house is totally still...Love doing just that! ♥
MiamiKel said…
Oh Carol, rhis is just darling! What a perfect card layaout and a great use of the kit papers, beautifully designed! Your coloring is splendid - love, love the fun of your Snoopy card!

I can just vision the memories of your childhood at Christmas ♥

Merry (early) Chrismtas, my friend!