older posts

Show more

August DDD Going to Rio

I'm late once again. It has been a crazy wild month. This Month Deb was the hostess  for the Dazzlers and Judy was the hostess for the Divas.  Judy sent us a really awesome kit.. I took the deets from Barbs blog as I brought the details to work and I don't have them here with me...they are as follows:

Going to Rio with the Olympic Darlings!  The 2016 Summer Olympics is currently going on, until August 21st.  There will be a record number of countries participating in 306 events in 28 sports.  (there also is a refuge team of 20 athletes, participating under the Olympic flag.)  The motto for the Rio Olympics is "A New World".

Judy sent a variety of great embellishments to go with this cute image.  Judy contacted the owner of Scrappin' Doodles to use her digital image for our duel. Judy sent a sheet of gold, silver and bronze paper--
She also sent along some great dsp...lots of sequins, ribbon, brads and brads  in the colors of the olympic rings. Judy also sent precut olympic rings.

Judy and Debbie also asked us to share our favorite summer Olympic event

I used the dsp on the card as a background. and layered the silver, btronze and gold paper on the bottom.of the front of the card. I used the rings Judy sent along for a side border on my card and bumped my image up so you could see the rings better....I also tied little bows for the hair. Here is the front of my card....


I chose to carry the circle theme throughout the card. I used the saying Judy sent along on the inside of my card. This was a fun kit Judy thanks so much.  Here is the insied:


For the second challenge I have to tell you I think my favorite event of the Summer Olympics is the gymnastics. We went on vacation one year during the Olympics and had to get back to our room so we could watch the gymnastic. Both my girls were gymnists so we were all interested.

Thanks so much for stopping by. If you have time please stop by the other deulers and see there creations. I am sure you will not be disappointed..

Until next time,
Hugs,

Carol

Comments

Carol, your card is beautiful! Love the Olympic rings! And the way you used the rhinestones. Cute!!!
:: BlueInks :: said…
I love how you were able to use so many embellies and how you placed them all! Looks great. The USA on her shirt is perfect!
MiamiKel said…
Well, MY BAD! I can't believe I am this far behind - what a bad 'den mom' I am!
Life - just too hectic and too complicated. Love what you did with this Olympic beauty! The sequins as the rings is brilliant! I love everything about your card :)

Hugs!