older posts

Show more

March 2017 DDD--"Would you like to Ride in my beautiful balloon"

Hi all, it is already the 15th of March....wow, the time flies quickly by. This month the hostesses for our monthly DDD challenge were Darlene for the dazzlers and Laura Jean for the divas. What a fun kit LJ sent to us. This is what she included:


Images (some die-cut) & sentiments from Up Up and Away from My Favorite Things, patterned paper from Fancy Pants (Life is Beautiful Collection) SU! Calypso Coral Seam Binding Ribbon, SU! 5/8" Marina Mist Ribbon, Misc other embellishments.

 
This was a great challenge for me as I wasn't quite sure how to layout the card and really "showcase" the beautiful balloons LJ sent along. I wanted to used as much of the awesome DSP as I could as well as the embellishments. I finally came up with this card.


I used a layout with half the front of the card cut away and used the dsp to accent the basic black cardstock I used for a base. I colored the balloons and then cut out the solid balloon on the sheet. I layered the perfectly cut balloon over my hand cut balloon with mounting tape between the layers and used the pretty coral ribbon to tie on to the balloon layer.

Inside I placed one of the sentiments LJ sent along as well as laid the double smaller balloon and cloud on this layer so it would show behind the cut out front layer, as well as showcase the inside of the card when it was open. I like how it turned out.

This is an angle picture of the card showing how the front panel was cut away.

I hope you like my card. Thanks so much for stopping by. If you have a chance, stop by and visit the other duelers as well. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

terry serman said…
Very cool card design! Love all the coordinating papers and the colorful balloons.
Barb said…
Great Layout for your card Carol. Very creative to use that flap to highlight the balloons!
HeatherB said…
Coooollll! Love this idea!
WOW! What a fun card! Great design!
Shelly Schmidt said…
Wonderful card- looks like we had different DP. Your idea for the card fold is fabulous!!! Beautifully done!!!
:: BlueInks :: said…
Well look at you Miss I Used a Ton of the Paper!!!! How great is this card?! You really did good, Carol.
MiamiKel said…
Oh my goodness, Carol! This is fabulous! I love the fancy card, all the papers, your coloring, the design! YOu really did this kit justice and literally made it pop - FLY - off the screen! Just WOW!!! Hugs, my friend!
Terry Ladwig said…
I really like your card....neat way to use all of the papers and show off the balloons! I love this layout!
Unknown said…
Holeeeeee Batman!!! What a fabulous card this is!!❤
Love the layers, the fun composition of this card...
I need to reschedule check it again...and perhaps case it!
Really cool!!!!❤