older posts

Show more

August DDD Catch of the Day

Hi all, once again the duelers are posting their cards for this months duel. The theme is "Catch of the Day". The leader of the Dazzlers is Shelley and I was the challenger for the Divas. I did give them a challenge....(sorry) .... I picked out papers and embellies however, it wasn't until I was creating my own card I realized that my choices could have been better. I have confidence in the Divas though as they are very creative. This is what their kits included:

Your kit includes dsp from Sugar Tree Haufman Brothers collection Fishy squares and multi lake fish as well as Reminisce "tropical dreams and assorted papers from a going to the lake paper pad. The images are Ralph Fishing from Rubbernecker, Studio 112 fish FunStampers journey Big Catch and Whipper Snapper fisher man. For embellies outlet eyelet deep sea brad and fishing pole brad. I also included some bobbers I made from pearls and assorted ribbons from my stash.

I chose a card sketch that used several pieces of designer paper. I also love the whipper snapper fisherman image so I had colored that up with my copics. I was not super happy with my card however, it is growing on me. Here is my card:




I hope you have a chance to stop by the other duelers blogs and galleries. I am sure you will not be disappointed with their creativity..

Thanks for stopping by, I do appreciate it.
Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol






Comments

Shelly Schmidt said…
Oh Carol, you are too hard on yourself! This image is adorable, and I love your layout too! Fun card : )
Terry Andress said…
I agree with Shelly...I love your card. Great job!
Unknown said…
LOVE the way you created the background! SUper cute!
Carol, I love the way you did the background with all those papers/designs. Awesome card!