older posts

Show more

DDD April theme "April Showers"

Welcome to the April challenge . Our kits this month were made up for us by Tracie for the Dazzlers and Barb for the Divas. Barb made an awesome kit for us to play with and I did have fun. Our kit included the Whipper Snapper image Umbrella and Slicker and the friends sentiment on the inside of my card came from Whipper Snapper as well. The fun dsp came from Echo Park. Pebbles. Bazzill and Crate Paper. Also, several embellishments were included in the kit. Buttons, white tear drop pearls, sequins, raindrops and misc ribbons. Right after I got my kit I tried my hand at coloring with colored pencils but I ended up using the image I colored with copics. I used some blue glitter glue on the bottom of my card to make puddles and crystal effects and blue glitter glue to make raindrops on the umbrella. I used an unnamed die I purchased at "wish". Here is the front of my card:


I had so much fun with this kit but am having a hard time uploading my pictures. On the inside of my card I had used the saying "Friends are the umbrellas in the storms of Life", flanked by some pretty sequins. Thanks Barb for the awesome kit....

Please stop by the other Duelers and check out their creations, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Thank you so much for stopping by, I do appreciate it.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol



Comments

MiamiKel said…
Woohoo, Carol - we could have skyped and chatted card making! LOL! Love your sweet card from the kit! I love the card slant and the 'rain' you have below the image! I was so sure that shiny glittery ribbon would be on your card :) It's super from top to bottom! Inky hugs!!
terry serman said…
Wow...love your fussy cutting! The image on the dsp paper doily really stands out!
Tracie said…
Such a sweet card. Great take on the challenge.
Shelly Schmidt said…
Just too sweet and love all of your fun ideas- like the shimmery rain drops on the bottom. Love the die-so pretty, and also the fun pearly raindrops. Another great dueling month!
Darlene LeTavec said…
Awesome card, Carol!! Love the choice of layout and background DP and how you accented the puddle! Those pearl drops are so pretty!
Laura Jean (LJ) said…
oh I love this Carol! I like how you cut out the image and layered it on top of the raindrop DSP! That's a great idea!
Such a sweet card, Carol... adorable!
Donna said…
Love the designer paper on the card and how you angled the bottom section. Your die cut really accents your image. So cute!
Barb said…
Carol--your card is so cute. I love the angle of the papers and your coloring is perfect. I am so glad you liked the kit and played along with us for our April Showers!
:: BlueInks :: said…
The raindrops on the umbrella are just fabby! Such a cute card, Carol!
HeatherB said…
Love this layout. The doily is great.