older posts

Show more

DDD January 2019--"Encouragement"

Hi all, I gotta say this just isn't the way to start a new year....uggghhh...I missed the posting date for my card as I wasn't feeling well. I took my camera to work along with the card....the picture card was in my computer at home....went home to take pic and post last night. I had set the card off to the side of my desk----card was at work once I got home. I finally got everything together today so I do apologize for all of it....

On to happier things. I got my picture taken and I am posting this on my lunch...woohoo. Our hostesses this month were Donna for the Dazzlers and Judy for the Divas. We got a great kit from Judy here is what she wrote:

                                                                   ENCOURAGEMENT!

Donna and I thought that we would like you all the create a card that would encourage the recipient in their quest to achieve a goal, overcome a trial or loss.

Included in your kit:

Designer Papers: s e i "Field Notes"; DCWV "Copper Luxury"; echo park "Handmade Journaling"; and an unknown

Stamped Image: Paper Pretties "Flutterby" (girl and sentiment "Flutter your wings and fly; There She Goes "Spread your wings and fly" sentiment. Images have been stamped with Momento Black Tuxedo ink.

Embellishments: ribbon, twine, paper flowers and leaves, pearls, rhinestones and butterfly brad from various companies.

We would "encourage" you to send your card to someone you feels needs encouragement.

                   I hope this kit inspires you to create a card that will bring a smile to the recipient!

I colored up two images one using copics and one with colored pencils. I used the image I colored with pencils. (Im trying to expand my horizons). I then used liquid pearls in white to accent the jewelry our little gal is wearing and of course I needed to use some glitter for the flower and butterfly..a card without a bit of glitter seems a little bare to me. LOL. 

Here is the front of my card:


I used the rhinestone brads on the front of my card that we included in the fun embellisments and I used three of the designer papers. I mounted my image on a thin piece of mounting tape to pop the image out a bit more. I also distressed the black bottom layer behind the image and the actual card is mounted on a white panel (hard to see by the picture.)

Here is the inside of my card:


The inside of my card is pretty basic. I made a little bow/flower out of the pretty sparkly twine. I also used the left over dsp from the front to mount the sentiment Judy sent along with her kit..Thank you Judy for the wonderful kit. 

I hope you like the card and I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to stop by. Please stop by the other duelers and check out their creations, I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Barb said…
I love your card Carol. I think the rhinestones and all of the designer paper you used is perfect. I hope you are feeling better and that your weekend is relaxing!
:: BlueInks :: said…
You horizon expansion is going very well! I like that you take the time to show the inside of your card - I am a lazy Diva and do not! LOL So very cute this one is!
Shelly Schmidt said…
Your card is just darling!!! I have been under the weather as well- did not get my card done yet..... You sure did a great job on your coloring- so pretty! Very pretty layout and love the bling : )
Carol, your card is adorable! I love the way you used the DP!
MiamiKel said…
OH Carol, sensational card design! I love your stitched dies and the beautiful coloring of this sweet girl - and your use of the black really makes the colors pop! Super card, my friend - like your little Quin! Big hugs!
terry serman said…
Love your card sketch. Super cute card!
Donna said…
Wonderful card Carol! Love all the layers and the black layers really make the colors pop. Great design!
Unknown said…
Great card Carol...love all of your layers, and great layout too!
Terry Ladwig said…
That unknown comment was from me!
Margaret said…
Sorry about all the issues you had in getting this posted, but it's so pretty. Love anything with butterflies. Your coloring is fabulous and I like the sentiment you paired it with.
HeatherB said…
She looks perfect in blue!!