older posts

Show more

DDD March and April 2019

I'm late to the party however, I'm still on the 15th. I have 2 cards to post as my kit took the long way from Canada to the USA in March  and I've had a little struggle with my April card. I'll start with March...Heather was our Canadian hostess for the divas in March. The Dazzlers had a guest hostess. Heather sent a great kit and I enjoyed playing with it. Somehow I don't have the exact details of the kit but I do have my card. I felt so bad for Heather as she has sent our kits from the post office and they put the incorrect postage (or Correct) either way they returned the kits to Heather making them AOL. She then resent them. Here is my card:

And here is the inside of the card. 



And here is the inside of my card.

The April hostesses were Terry S for the Dazzlers and Laura Jean for the Divas. I have to say this was a cute, cute kit that LJ sent us. Here are the details:



Theme: Out of this World

Stamps: Rocket Age (October Afternoon) - this is one of my favorite collections of all time.

Paper: Doodlebug Designs (all)

Other: Ribbon - Red (Denami Designs), Blue (Offray) Red (Offray). gemstones (Michaels), buttons (Stampin Up). & silver stars (Tim Holtz)

I had so much fun with this. The problem I had was that my dog loved it too. I put it down and he took it. I got it away from him and put it higher.....apparently not high enough..I'm still scratching my head on how he got it.  It became a game to him but I finally got my card made and am able to post it now I just need to take a class in taking pictures...ugghhh. 
Here is my card front:





I loved the paper and the images are so darn cute. I had a fun layout picked out however I had to go to plan B.

Here is the inside of my card:





It is rather plain but I kind of like it that way. Thanks so much Laura Jean for the awesome kit. I'm thinking I'll make it a birthday card for one of my grandsons.

A big thanks go out to Heather for her wonderful kit as well. I do apologize for being so tardy in posting. I enjoyed playing with your kit as well

Thank you for stopping by. I do appreciate it. Please stop by the other duelers and check out their awesome creations. I can't wait to go check them out myself.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol






Comments

terry serman said…
These are both very cute. Love how you used the dsp in both! The images really stand out.
Carol, both of these cards are adorable - obviously for different reasons! You've done an outstanding job with the kits.
:: BlueInks :: said…
How cute are Carol's cards? Cute enough for her dog to steal them!!!! It is a dang cute card though! On the first card, your use of the DPs are perfect - great job!
Barb said…
Carol--these sure are cuties. I love space one--great papers and a wonderful layout!
MiamiKel said…
Oh Carol, I love them both! Great layouts and card designs and you are one terrific crafter - no matter the time! Hugs!
Terry Ladwig said…
Both are really great cards Carol!! Love all of your layers!
HeatherB said…
Love both of these! The turnip is perfect. Sorry for all the hassle with the post office...so annoying!!!