older posts

Show more

Sept DDD "Babies"

It is once again time to get our duel on and our lovely hostesses for this month are Donna from the Dazzlers and Judy from the Divas. I am a Diva so I received an amazing kit from Judy. This month they chose Babies as the theme. My oh my did Judy send an awesome kit. It was filled with all kinds of goodies for either a boy or girl themed card. We received the image B is for baby from Hanna stamps and a ton of other fun things. DSP, Embellishments and enough of everything to make more than one card. Thank you Judy for the fun, fun, kit. This kit came just in time for me to make the card and put it to use right away. My sweet niece had an adorable baby girl recently and I am tying a little quilt for her. I am seeing her next weekend at a bridal shower for my other niece so plan on giving her the card and quilt then. So double thanks Judy. 

As you know from the previous ramblings I chose to do a baby girl card with Judy's kit. I used a base of light pink topped with a white layer. On this layer I took and cut two pieces of the adorable card stock Judy sent into 1" pieces and layered them across the front of the white panel. I colored up the clothesline image and fussy cut out the little baby clothes from the clothesline. I made my own clothesline with the pink ribbon included in the kit and stuck the cut out pieces to that. Thinking I may be done, I decided it looked way to plain so I added a punched border to the white panel and the heart rhinestones to the border...….ok a little better but.....not quite. I then took the sticker label along with the pink diaper pin and attached to the upper part of the card......hmmmmm it doesn't really show that well so I took my brown colored pencil and went around the label and then went back with an eraser to soften the line and pop the label out. I think it worked but probably not as well as a brown paper backing which would have required very fussy cutting and I'm really not great at that....

Here is my card:



Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you like the card and that my niece does too. If you have a chance, please stop by the other duelers blogs (listed on my sidebar). I am sure you will not be disappointed with their amazing creations.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Donna said…
Carol, I love the fun banner design. Cute paper and such fun images. I love that you made it so textured. Great card!
Terry Ladwig said…
How cute is that?? Love your little pink clothes line!!
:: BlueInks :: said…
Such cute ideas on this card! I just love how the sentiment tag came out and your using the pin brad is perfect!
Very unique work with your kit. I just love how you have the items hanging from your ribbon.
Barb said…
What a cute card Carol--I love the ribbon clothesline. I am sure it will be well loved by your niece along with the quilt.
terry serman said…
Adorable! Love the clothesline!
Carol, your card is so sweet - love the little banners of paper and the way you placed each embellishment. Cute!!!
Judy McMullen said…
Wow! Love how you used so many elements from the kit, Carol, to create this sweet baby card!! I think we may have had similar ideas on attaching the cut out stamped clothes on ribbon. Gorgeous!!! So glad you are able to share your creation with the new addition to your family. Would love to see a picture of the quilt!
aussie aNNie said…
Hi Carol oh how cute is this card, you have mastered the cute clothes line as well.xx