older posts

Show more

DDD November 2019 Super Adorable Owls

This months challenge was sent to us by Beth leading the Dazzlers and Heather leading us the Divas They chose owls for a theme because they are super adorable. Heather sent a wonderful kit see below:

Stamps: Taylored expressions: Hoot hoot horray

Papers:  Illustrated faith "Gratitude" and one pattern from "All People All Nations:

Along with Various embellishments from Heathers stash.

I had so much fun playing with this kit. Heather had cut out some owls and the branch.  I colored up the images with colored pencils and mounted the cut out images on the original image. I also shaded in the left side of the image to indicate a tree of sorts to sort of connect to the branch, I then shadowed blue around the image to try and mimic sky. I added green sequins to the tips of the branches to mimic leaves and buttons to hold the flap in place

I used the joy fold layout and used basic black as a base.

I still have enough supplies to make another card plus, I have had a bugger of a time getting my card to upload and get it posted to my blog however, I think I finally got it. I wish I was better at technology but I'm still trying.

Here is my card:


Thank you so much for stopping by. Please stop by the other duelers blogs, I am certain you will not be disappointed with their creations.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Shelly Schmidt said…
A delightful and cheery card. Love the image your Diva's group rec'd- and such pretty DP's! Wonderfully done!
Donna said…
Cute joy fold card, Carol. Love that paper you used. An amazing card this month!
Barb said…
Carol--I love your card! What a perfect fold to showcase the sweetly colored image!
Suzy Sprague said…
Carol...your card looks great! The joy fold card is a great way to show off your adorable owls. I like the paper you picked out.
Carol, this is such a sweet card - love the way you colored the darling image!
:: BlueInks :: said…
Carol, you always know what to do with the bling! Great idea on the sequins. Weren't those great with the stickem on the back?! I am so out of the loop that is probably old news! Your card is adorable, thanks for sharing.
Terry Serman said…
Adorable! Love the sequins on the end of the branches...a great touch!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
HeatherB said…
Super cute!! Love this and glad you liked the kit.