older posts

Show more

DDD JAN 2020 PENGUINS

Hi all, Here I am  not first thing in the am as I had hoped but it is still the 15th. 😥. Our hostesses for this month were Terry Serman for the Dazzlers and LJ (Laura Jean) for the Divas (that me). I got my wonderful fun kit from LJ and I absolutely loved it. The papers and  embellishments were so bright and cute. Thank you LJ.

Kit Contents:

Image: Penguin Juggling snowballs (Elzybell Stamps)
DSP:  Doodlebug Designs (winter wonderland pad and white glitter paper).
Ribbon: Stampin up
Embellishments: Large white snowflakes (paper studio) Glitter dots and snowflakes (doodlebug designs) die cut snowflakes---cut with marvy punch.

When I received my kit I fell in love with the awesome papers. What to use would be the biggest question as I wanted to use everything. I had originally intended to make 2 cards but I have been sick since the 31st and have had no energy to create or even plan with stamps.  Anyway, I colored up 2 of the images, used one for a base and fussy cut the second image. I then cut the first image into a circle and popped up the second image over the circle image. I used some white stickles to color the snowballs and pompom on the hat. I had tried a "snowflake pen" but it really didn't give me the warm fuzzies. I layered the beautiful paper over my base and added the cut snowflakes to offset the round penguin center (which is also popped up.) On the cut snowflakes I layered the other snowflakes and centered them with the glitter dots. Here is my card:



On the inside I used plain white paper and cut out one of the cute little sayings/squares from another piece of the DSP and surrounded it with the cute snowflake dots. Here is the inside:

All in all I am pleased with how this turned out. 

Thank you for stopping by. If you get a chance please stop by the other duelers listed on my sidebar. I am sure you will love their creations and you will certainly not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol







Comments

Laura Jean (LJ) said…
Carol - this is just adorable. The penguin is so decked out!

I had a hard time choosing papers too - that whole paper pad made me so happy! I'm glad you liked the kit!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Love LJ
terry serman said…
Very cute...love those layered snowflakes!
MiamiKel said…
Super cute, Carol! Just absolutely adorable with your design and the coloring - how cheerful! That's the same problem I had the kit, I wanted to keep all the papers :) I hope you feel better soon, my friend !
Barb said…
Carol--your card is so pretty! I love the fluffy snowballs. The design is so pretty too. Please get better soon!
What a cute card, Carol - those stripes look fabulous and the overall design is perfect for the darling penguin!
Tracie said…
So pretty Carol. Love the inside also.
Suzy Sprague said…
A very cute card! Great use of the large snowflakes!
aussie aNNie said…
cute card Carol hope you are well.x
Cute card! Your snowflakes are so pretty and I love how they coordinate with your striped paper. Look at the snowballs pop.
Darlene LeTavec said…
Wow, Carol, your card is fabulous! Such a creative flair shown here, in spite of you being sick! Sure hope that you're on the mend by now. {{Hugs}}
Terry Ladwig said…
Love the paper you used and the big snowflakes!! Very cute my friend!!
:: BlueInks :: said…
I like how you layered the snowflakes and put the DP on angle. Very cute card, Carol! The scarf is a pretty shade and colored well!
HeatherB said…
This is really cute!