older posts

Show more

DDD Feb 2020 Challenge " Let me call you Sweetheart-"

Hi all,

This month Shelly is the kit creator for the Dazzlers and I am the kit creator for the Divas.

We chose "Let Me Call you Sweetheart" as our theme. When Shelley and I talked we thought this might be fun because we could use most anything. In looking at our Angel policy I was trying to come up with a good image that would fit the theme and work with the policy. I had narrowed it down to either a baby theme or a pet theme as we all love both babies and pets. Then I came upon this inkidinkidoo image. (I thought it would work perfectly). It didn't have a name on the stamp just a number...The papers I chose came from a Glittered designer pad from My Minds Eye called Bloom and  I tried to pull matching papers in different colors from the pack. The  kits also included several ribbons from my stash. Jots sticker beads, memory makers brads in blacks and whites, Recollections flowers in black and peach/hues as well as black and shiny rhinestone sticky back beads from my stash.

When I was putting my card together I was thinking my poor team....the kit was definitely challenging on its own. The card I made is very simple, The layout is plain but I found less was more when putting it together. I chose the taupe colored glitter paper and cut the image and frame out from one of my dies from spellbinders (I don't know the name as I had taken it out of the package it came in). I used basic black for the background color and the black ribbon. I colored the image with colored pencils and added some of the fluffy feathers to the hat and umbrella along with a peach flower on the hat. Here is fhe front of my card:

For the inside of my card I took the leftover scrap from the front of the card and cut it out with a victorian looking die I had purchased. I also used one of the flowers as an accent and added some brown stickles for the center as the bead was a bit hard and I didn't want it poking through to the front of the card.  Here is my inside:

I didn't add a sentiment as I don't know who will be getting this card.

Thank you so much for stopping by, I do appreciate it. Please take a few minutes and check out the other duelers cards. I am sure you won't be disappointed. 

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

terry serman said…
Beautiful and elegant!
Donna said…
Love your oval die cut around the image. It reminds me of a mirror. Beautiful card!
Shelly Schmidt said…
I love this vintage card- all of your hard work is well worth it!!! Loving the die cut and your pretty layout! Beautifully done.
Barb said…
Carol--your card is stunning. I love the oval frame and the lady's hat is so pretty. It was a fun kit--thanks for sending it!
Suzy Sprague said…
Beautiful vintage card, Carol. The oval die really sets the image off. A nice touch with the feather for her hat and umbrella. Thanks for a great kit!
aussie aNNie said…
Wow loving this, the kit looks gorgeous and your result is just as stunning.x
Darlene LeTavec said…
So elegant! What a fresh take on a sweetheart theme! I love it! Taking a mental note of replacing the center out of the flower on the inside. Thanks for the tip!
:: BlueInks :: said…
Thank you, for the kit. I liked it! Your die cut frame is perfect for the image. The simplicity speaks loud and finishes this card.
HeatherB said…
It's like a mirror!! So cool. Great job.