older posts

Show more

April 2020 DDD==Blue Bell

The duel is on. Today is April 15th and we are ready. Debby is the hostess of the Dazzlers and her sister Suzy is the hostess for the Divas. (The group I'm in). Debby and Suzy live in Texas and in spring they see bluebells all along the sides of the road and our image contains the ice cream for the great state of Texas.

I received my kit from Suzy and it contained:

Images from Deadbeat Designs (a Texas company
DSP from Paper Studio: Shiplap white, Tiny polko-yellow, Burlap and Blue Gingham
Embellishments: bakers twin -recollections--Doily (momento) sequins and rhinestones (I only listed the ones I used there were more in the package)

I loved this image. I colored it up right after I got the envelope from Suzy. I used colored pencils and gel pens to color up my image. I also used a border die to cut my white background and gingham paper for the front layers of my card. I used basic black for the base. I took the pretty doily and mounted my fussy cut image on this. I also tied a white bow and mounted below the image. I felt that
the ribbon helped accent the cute image. I placed sequins and rhinestones in the lower left hand corner to finish off the front. (I didn't finish off the inside as I wasn't sure who was going to get this card.) Here is my card:


Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate it. If you have time, please stop by the other duelers as I am sure you won't be disappointed in their creations.

Until next time.
Hugs,
Carol 





Comments

terry serman said…
Sweet card! Love your edge of the gingham and the addition of the ruffle!
:: BlueInks :: said…
Such a soft and sweet feel to your card. The fancy edges look great. I struggle with the froo froo and you make it look so good and easy!
aussie aNNie said…
Love this card Carol, the bordered lacey die and gingham is stunning.xx
Darlene LeTavec said…
Wow Carol, I love the soft, curved doily edge to the main panels! So sharp against the black background. Everything about this is wonderful!
Shelly Schmidt said…
I absolutely LOVE this card! The layout is wonderful and so eye catching! Beautiful coloring as well!
MiamiKel said…
Carol, this is just gorgeous! I love your design layout - you knocked this out of the park! This is just a vision, my friend - WOW and WOW!
Oh Carol... how very pretty! That beautiful border of white is the perfect touch!
Suzy Sprague said…
Carol, I love your card! The curved die really sets off the blue gingham and black card base. Very nice touch! Your coloring balances out the card with the daily.
Barb said…
Carol--this card is so pretty. I love the creative layout and the coloring is great. I love every bit of it!
Judy McMullen said…
Wow! What a terrific card, Carol. Love the design and how your created the swirly border with the die cut that coordinates with the doily. Perfection!!!