older posts

Show more

Double Duty card challenge Sept 2021- The Picket Fence

 

                                    

Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set. Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way! But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something. Double Duty Again! We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month. See-Double Duty again! We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.

Hi all, I'm a day late. in posting as this month the company Barb chose to use for the challenge is The Picket Fence. It is a wonderful company and I just found them when I joined this challenge. I had a total of 1 stamp from them so I went out and purchased a couple stamps from Anchor paper. I totally lucked out and found a stamp called "Fran" and a matching die both on sale along with a couple sentiment stamps. To my dismay I stamped colored and die cut put them in the stamp package along with the stamps so as not to misplace them while making the rest of the cards. (I was working on a couple other swaps and set the colored images aside. I found my layout and went to pick up the images and for the life of me they are no where to be found,)  So I used the same bases and a different stamp to make the cards for this month. 

My doubles include same layout different backgrounds, same sentiment on both cards . My first card I used a white card base and did a layer of pink/lavender foil card stock. I then embossed a piece of vellum and colored the back of the embossing with water color. When that was dried, I  attached it to the foil using a piece of double sided adhesive cut to the size of the vellum. I die cut a piece of foil to back the sentiment and finished off the card front with little iridescent dots, In the corners of the card, on the foil backing the sentiment and on the sentiments I's and punctuations. Here is my card:


Not a great picture ugghh...for the second card I turned the layout sideways and used white cardstock  for the base and mounted a blue green foil on top of that. Attached to that was water color paper that I used a splatter stencil and blue green acrylic paint. I used a die cut  on the foil to mount my sentiment on. To finish off the front of the card I sprinkled sparkle silk from fun stampers journey and misc sequins. Here is the front of my second card:


On the inside I used a different sentiment from the same set on top of a piece of the foil and added corners of foil on two sides. Here is the inside:


I hope you like my plan "B". Please stop by the other blogs as I am sure you won't be disappointed. 
Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol


Comments

aussie aNNie said…
Stunningly gorgeous, love everything including those fabulous colours. xx
Such encouraging and beautiful cards, Carol! Your creativity is shining!
Loving your use of the foil papers on these stunning cards Carol
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine