older posts

Show more

Double Duty--January 2023 Gina K

Hi all yesterday was the posting date. I'm really starting off on the wrong foot here. I don't know how to change and get more organized but I'm trying.😏. I was unable to get my double duty badge to go on the top of my post. It is driving me crazy.  Anyway back to the reason for the post. My two cards for the double duty challenge used the Gina K and Hero Arts collaboration set Friendship Blooms. On the black based card I cut an alcohol ink scrap piece of paper into quarter inch pieces and layered them on the black base and cut a frame out of the black paper to go over the outside of the layers. Since there was silver accents in the alcohol ink paper,  I cut out a silver base for the sentiment that is stamped in black on white paper.

My second card I used a 3D embossing colder and colored the flowers with memento ink and blending brushes. I fussy cut out the flower. I embossed the next layer with a 3d floral embossing folder and mounted the flower on the embossed image. I will add a sentiment when I decide who I am sending the card to. I also added some stickles to the flowers...they look a little weird but in real life they look better. 

Here are my cards: 






  



Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate it. Please stop by the other double duty blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol




Comments

Darlene LeTavec said…
Carol, these cards are wonderful! So dramatic and different. Very nice!
Carol, your double duty cards are stunning. You certainly have made each one unique. That's awesome!
aussie aNNie said…
Lovely card and very effective with the colours here x