older posts

Show more

Creative Crew May 2023 - May Flowers


 Hi all, I am really late posting. Life took a few unexpected turns but I am finally here. This month our lovely hostess is Tracie. She chose flowers as a theme and this is what she sent:

I was so happy to get the month of May to be the hostess. May is my favorite month of the year. When I was a child we would always celebrate May day (May 1) by taking flowers to the elderly. Such good memories. May brings all kinds of flowers to bloom so I decided my challenge this month would be "May Flowers". In your package, I have stamped an image from Avery Elle called Best of the Bunch using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I also love foxes and immediately fell in love with this stamp. Designer papers are from "New Day" by Echo Park. The flowers are from "Garden Variety" by Taylored Expressions. Ribbon and twine are from my stash. Gems are from Pink Fresh and the buttons are also from my stash. I have been going to our local library and using their flow forge which I used to cut out the bookmarks. I would love to see what you would use if you colored the flowers. I would also love to hear what your favorite flower is. Thanks for taking part in my challenge this month.

The image Tracie chose is adorable and I colored it up right away. I chose an avocado cardstock for the base of my card. I also chose a relatively plain layout in hopes of highlighting the cute image. I placed the pink flower cut out  off to the side of the image. I placed a sparkly rhinestone to use as the stamen of the flower.

Here is my card:

 


 

Tracie also sent along a decorated yummy candy bar (which was gone quite quickly) as well as the bookmark she cut out at the library. I tried my hand at coloring it. I used Distress Oxide blueprint sketch ink with a blending brush. The flowers I colored in with gel pens. I wrote over the sentiment at the top with a black gel marker (which didn't turn out as well as I had hoped). Here is my bookmark:

I too, Tracie would celebrate May day in a similar way as you. My mom would help us make little May baskets filled with candy and we would deliver them to our friends homes. We would place the basket on the door handle and ring the bell. Once the friend would pick up the basket they would chase the giver and give them a hug or kiss on the cheek. Fond memories. As  far as flowers go I have several favorites. I tend to lean towards larger flowers (Carnations-hibiscus-gerber daisies you get the idea) I like them in vibrant colors they make such fun boquets.


I want to thank you for stopping by my blog. I really do appreciate it. If you have time please stop by the other creative crew blogs I am certain you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol

 

 

Comments

How pretty your card is Carol - I love you colouring of the image. Well done on also colouring the bookmark - that also is pretty
Blessings
Maxine
Carol, your card is adorable. Love the layout you used. And the bookmark. WOW!
Barb said…
Carol--your card is so cute. I love the layout!
aussie aNNie said…
Absolutely gorgeous card,love the colour and gorgeous design .x