older posts

Show more

Sassy Studio Design Steampunk Victoria--Challenge #3

Today I am showing you my card for the 3rd Steampunk challenge over at Sassy Studio Designs. We received the image and of course I couldn't wait to start coloring her. The challenge is to make the card Victorian or Vintage. I often struggle with these type cards so I am hoping I made it on some level with this design...



Isn't she just "sassy" and adorable. This was a fun image to work with. I colored Victoria in browns and used peach accents for her stockings and hat band. On the hat in the center are gears so I used my trusty silver pen to color those in as well as the buckles on her belt. I used platinum liquid pearls for the buttons on her boots, and also the silver pen on her little revolver. Once I had her colored up the challenge really began. I know baroque, swirls, lace, pearls, and flowers all represent that time frame (or at least I think they do). So I did try and incorporate some of each of them. I'm not exactly sure why I'm drawn to browns lately but I do think it gives the card a rich look...

Thanks for stopping by to check out my card.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

April said…
She looks great!! Mine is colored up and even on a card, just spent the evening doing math homework instead of being crafty.
I blame you for enabling me to do this...I must admit that yours look so much better than mine!! Soooo jealous!!
Kate said…
Beautiful Card. I love you colored the images, you did absolutely great.


Thank you for joining us over at Sassy Studio Designs Steampunk Relay Part 3. I can't wait to see what you make with the next image.

Hugs,
Kate
Kim Kelley said…
Love this. It is gorgeous. Really love how you did the diecut frame...really makes it stand out! Great color combo!
Kim Kelley said…
OPPS! Thank you for joining us at SSD
Regan said…
Carol, you certainly did achieve a vintage look! It's fabulous! I love her shiny revolver and the liquid applique buttons on her boots! Very creative! Love it! Thanks for joining us in the 3rd challenge of our Sassy Steampunk Progressive Relay at Sassy Studio Designs! :)
{hugs}
Regan
Kathy said…
Carol, you've got the vintage feel perfect here! I love this color combo too, got to remember the brown and peach, it's gorgeous. Thanks for joining us for the Steampunk challenges at SSD.