older posts

Show more

DDD July 2020 Humor

Hi all, I'm a bit late to the party this month. Not because I didn't get my kit early (cause I did) but because I forgot today was the 15th. I knew it was wednesday I just didn't connect the date to the day...eeekkkk. I'm not used to working from home. Today we are posting the kits that our wonderful hostesses Tracie from the Dazzler's and Barb from the Diva's ( my group) sent to us. They decided that we needed humor in the summer of 2020....can we say...."so true". It certainly has been a weird year. My kit from Barb included the following:


The sentiments and images sent were from Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps .

The patterend paper  are  Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby. (Black and White patterns...Can I just say a Big thanks Barb. I love this color combo....

Various embellishments: Ribbons=SU black grosgrain along with black cordelette-white and black twine, white twine and black twine.
Black Buttons, Black bling, white pearls and rhinstones


Well needless to say I was in 7th heaven when I received my kit. 1st of all Black and White color combo... be still my heart. Then bling and funny sentiments. This is the best.....everything about this kit reminded me of my mom. (who has been gone for 16 years) from the papers to the sentiments she would have loved this card. Mom was a letter writer and a good one. She also, liked the phone, chatting with friends and family and having people over for coffee and conversations. I remember she had a black and white checked dress she loved and wore often. The checked paper I used on my card reminded me of it. She also liked secrets (had a hard time keeping them but loved them).

i colored up the image with my copics and cut out the image with stitched ovals. I backed this with a black stitched oval and used mounting tape on the back. I picked the cute sentiment " I don't repeat gossip so listen carefully" as it seem appropriate. I really liked the black check paper but thought it would be fun to break it up a bit with the polka dot paper. I created an X back ground and used the black gross grain ribbon to border the different papers. I then cut the sentiment in half and mounted each strip on a piece of black paper and I mounted them with mounting tape as well. You can barely see this but I put the tiny black rhinestones on the dress of the gal in black to use as buttons.



Inside my card I layered a strip of left over black check paper on black and taped it to the bottom of the white paper.

Thank you Barb for the amazing kit and memories.

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my card. Please take a few minutes and check out the other creations by the rest of the deulers. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Until next time.
Hugs,
Carol



Comments

terry serman said…
Love your card design..very eye-catching!
MiamiKel said…
Carol, this is amazing! I love your card design and it looks like you had a lot of fun with it - wonderfully done! They remind me of all the 'networking' we did when we were at Stamp Camp, LOL! Love it inside and out - awesome sauce!
aussie aNNie said…
Fabulous card love that sentiment too. Awesome design..x
Carol, your card looks great - love that design! I also like the way you separated the sentiment.
Suzy Sprague said…
Carol....your card is terrific! I love the spot of color you gave the girls. Looks great! Separating the sentiment gave it more punch! The layout worked great with this paper! Adding the bling detail really set it off on her dress.
Tracie said…
Great card Carol. I really like the black and white theme.