older posts

Show more

Hot Mess Success Oct 2020

Well here it is the 12th again. I have lost track of my dates and days lately. It seems life gets busier no matter how hard you try to slow it down. The idea of the hot mess challenge is to get messy making your card or some element of your card. I have the messy part down...now the challenge of creating a card with the mess you make.

I have been working on ideas for my card and trying the techniques ahead of time so my mess isn't too terribly bad. I have been obsessed with alcohol inks and have been trying them on ceramic tiles. They have been really fun to do. In my searches I saw that Yuppo paper works with technique I was working with on tiles. (yeah sure, I have believed that before....) When I was working with alcohol inks I tried them on shiny white paper and it didn't work all that well. hmmmm.Well I got some yuppo paper and tried spraying alcohol on the paper and then dropping alcohol ink spots in different colors and then move them around on the peper. Walla it worked. I made two backgrounds in two differnt color schemes. I liked them both but started with the lighter one first.. I stamped a flower stamp on the lighter background with versa mark and heat embossed the image with black embossing powder. I was in a rush and double stamped my image acciently. I didn't want to ruin the background so I used a die I got from Our Daily Bread and cut the flowers out with that die. I then cut the background  out of black and mounted my experiment on the black. I found a dsp in my stash that matched the alchol ink background on the flowers and placed the mounted image and background on that. I die cut the bottom of the dsp with a die I had in my stash...maker un known as it was separated from the oringinal package. To top it off I put 3 little pink flat back pearls in the die cut swirl on the bottom of the card. The image piece is raised up with mounting tape to help set this apart. 


Here is my card: 


Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it. If you have a chance please stop by and check out the other messy challenge crafters blogs. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol 

Comments

MiamiKel said…
Carol- how enchanting!! What a super fun (and yes, messy!) technique but the end result is gorgeous! It looks like lace - on paper! Great job
For messy October!
Barb said…
This card sure is pretty--I love the background! Nice Work on Getting Messy this month!
Carol, your card is so pretty - I think the background turned out awesome and the delicate features of the die adds so much to the design. Awesome job!
What a gorgeous result Carol - well done on such a creative use of your background. The die cut edge complements it beautifully
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
aussie aNNie said…
Loving this gorgeous stamp/image, so coloured beautifully too. Great card. x