older posts

Show more

Double Duty Challenge May 2021 Unity cards

 Hi all. I just want to thank all the lovely ladies of this group for asking me to join them and for being so welcoming and patient I do appreciate it. I had a bit of a struggle with my camera and messing up the theme this month so I am posting late. I am attaching a copy of Barb's explanation of the challenge. 



Here we go. This is month #5 of another challenge for the trio of stampers—Barb, Jeanette and Kelly, and this month we have added a 4th to our monthly challenge-our friend Carol! Welcome Carol--so happy you are going us! This was a thought that I had in the middle of the night, similar to what Kelly has had in the past. Plus, it is a bit of offshoot of our Stamp What Challenge! This one is called Double Duty.

Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set. Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way! But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something. Double Duty Again! We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month--but this month we are a few days late. See-Double Duty again! We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company. Let’s have fun!




My cards for this challenge both used the same stamp from Unity. "Bloom from within" Unity stamps. Unity has been having a birthday sale and I have been adding to my collection. I love their stamps. This is one of the new ones I purchased and couldn't wait to color it up.  Both my cards are simple layouts but I do like how they turned out.  I used SU soft suede for the base paper on both cards  and dsp from Hobby Lobby called lavender. I love this dsp and have purchased 2 paper packs and use it quite frequently. My double duty would be that I used the paper pack paper on both cards , the same base color as well as the same image for both cards. I placed the sentiment on the bottom of the first card and the sentiment is on the inside on the second so this is a double as well. I really had fun with these cards once I got my head on straight...Here are my cards. I hope you like  them.



Thank you so much for stopping by. Please visit Barb, Jeanette, and Kelly's blogs as well as I know you will not be disappointed in their creations. 

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol


Comments

Carol, welcome to our group! WOW! Your cards are so pretty. I love the soft colors and the beautiful stamp set you chose to feature. So many things the same on both cards and yet they look totally different. Impressive!
MiamiKel said…
Oh Carol you started off sensationally! Beautiful stamp selection and both of your cards are just gorgeous. welcome to our little group!
Barb said…
Carol--both of your cards are beautiful. I love the stamp set you picked and the color are perfect. Thanks for joining us and I hope you love the journey!
Shelly Schmidt said…
Love your gorgeous cards- love the image you used as well!!!
aussie aNNie said…
Stunning, absolutely gorgeous cards with those fabulous colours. xx
Beautiful cards Carol - and it's awesome that you have joined that élite group ;)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine