older posts

Show more

Hot Mess Success May 2021

Hi all today is the day that we post our hot mess=success cards. I'm pretty good at making messes however they don't always turn out being a success. I have a love of the alcohol ink backgrounds and am always trying to do something different with them. I was on pinterest and there was a tutorial using alcohol inks and foil paper to make a background. To be honest I was a bit confused because one way they explained that you put the foil over the background after the alcohol ink dries and then they said to add the foil after making the background with no dry time. Well I did some practicing and here are some of my samples. 



You can see the silver foil in these samples. Here my card.



I did the diecut on the side and used my foil background behind the die cut. I had hoped you would be able to see the background better. I used rhinestones on the corners of the scalloped die cut. I then die cut a flower image from Memory Box from the navy cardstock I used on the base of the card to finish off the front of the card. I'm thinking it may be too much...but not sure. 

Here is a close up of the die cut and background. 


I hope you can see the foil in this picture. I really had fun with this card. I'm still not sure if you need to wait for the ink to dry or add the foil right after you have the background the way you want it.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please stop by my other hot mess success friends. I am sure you will not be disappointed in their awesome creations.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol



Comments

Carol, your foil/alcohol piece is so pretty and then to see how you nested it behind that gorgeous die on your card makes it even more gorgeous. Love your card!
Darlene LeTavec said…
What an interesting technique! The die cut on the side with the rhinestones is so beautiful. Love the bright colors that show through the openings! I also like the graceful floral die cut on the other side, it goes together nicely. I'm not sure that I understand the foil and alcohol ink background method. More research for me. Thanks for the inspiration!
Barb said…
This is such a pretty card--I love the added foil as it shows the shimmer. Such a pretty background and I love the die you picked to showcase it!
aussie aNNie said…
Brilliant design and those colours are stunning, love this.
What a fabulous background you created with the AI's and foil Carol... I also love the die cuts you used - the large aperture really showcases the background beautifully
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Shelly Schmidt said…
How very beautiful! That elegant diecut really shows off the beautiful AI technique you chose to do!