older posts

Show more

SOTC Feb Challenge

Hi all, can you believe I'm here two days in a row...I know.....that is quite a feat for me, lol. Our February hostess for the Travelin' Card swap is Barb, and she came up with an awesome challenge for us. Here it is in her own words...

"LOVE February is the month of Love and Valentine's Day, so lets make a card describing something that you love. It could be flowers, chocolate, coffee, tea, stamping, a sport, an animal, your pet, the beach, the mountains, housework-"

Now I can tell you I really, really, really DON'T love HOUSEWORK, I do however love many other things. The obvious would be my faith, my family and my friends just to name a few, so I went with the route I believe Barb was steering us to.



I think you might understand just by looking at the card but I will tell you....I love shoes....I have ever since I can remember. Dress up shoes, tennis shoes, flip flops...you get the picture. When I got my first job I purchased shoes and got great sales on them as my feet are small and those sizes were always on sale way back then. You will also see if you look closely one of my other loves...."glitter"...I just have a hard time not using glitter on my cards. I think it adds the perfect little somethin, somethin to finish off the card...oh well...My image is a Bugaboo digi colored in copics and cut out with nestablilitie ovals. I have used a cuttlebug embossing folder on the pink background. 




Inside I have added a rubbernecker sentiment, that pretty much sums the whole situation up...giggle, giggle. me to a "T". I have added half pearls to the shoes and the front of the card to finish it off. I do hope you like my card. (It certainly wasn't hard for me to pin point what I loved it was much harder to get it down on paper..lol).
Thanks for stopping by.
 Until next time,

Hugs,
Carol







Comments

kadie said…
ooooooh, I love this, Carol! I really love all the little details and the sentiment is SO TRUE! :) What a fun card!
April said…
This card is soooo you!!! Love it as much as I love you!!
Carol, that image is too fun....... all those shoes! And what a great way to show some of the things you love! Such a pretty card, my friend!
:: BlueInks :: said…
Super fun card, Carol! I too love me some shoes!!!! You need to get this one on the Bugaboo site.
Michelle said…
Cute card! I love everything about it. The DP is perfect, and the image is cute.
Barb said…
Very cute card Carol--can't wait to see in person!
~Paola~ said…
yeahhhhh!!...I SOOOOOO totally understand your obsession for shoes!..oh yeahhh ...we MUST be TWINS for sure...LOL.........
This card couldn\t be more PERFECT to showcase your 'leathery-love'...
Totally FAB card Carol...
*LOVE IT LOTS!!* :o)
MiamiKel said…
ROFL, Carol! You are a riot! I hope you picked something that will go smashing with your upcoming Ball :) :) THis is darling. I 'm still drooling over the Buggaboo card from you I was so lucky to receive in the last swap! (at least I think it's a BGboo!) Fun + Fab, my friend! xoxoxo