older posts

Show more

Carriers of Faith May Challenge

This month our hostess was the lovely Kelly and this is what she challenged us to.

MAY challenge: Tell your story!

Hostess: Kelly

Scripture: "Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story—

those he redeemed from the hand of the foe..." ~ Psalm 107:2

This is one of my favorite times of year, celebrating this time of Christ's resurrection! On Easter morning when the tomb was empty, the gift to all of us was the assurance that we will live again and be given eternally glory. As Christians, of course, we hope to know Christ and accept him as our Savior and share the gospel with friends, family, those we fellowship with. Truly when God died on that cross for you, for me, for all of us, he paid the price for us to worship at his feet and redeem ourselves. On this hop today, we all unite to share our creations with you as well as a letter on each stop of the way. Please remember the letter on your host's blog and at the end ( Kelly ) will ask you to write the word from all the letters in order! What's more fun, there is a prize for one lucky winner which will be given at random from all those leaving the Guess the Word comment! ♥ Blessings to each of you! ♥

Challenge: This month, create a card/project/scrapbook page/picture based on the scripture above and what the meaning you pull from that is. Tell us your story! What speaks to your heart? What gifts do you have that you give to others as part of a fellowship - do you read, pray, write, create, walk, sing? There are so many parts in each of us ~ what part of your story are you sharing with others? As an added bonus but not required!! Please use the color GREEN {my VERY favorite color!}somewhere on your card to represent newness, growth, the blossoming of nature around us and the blooming friendships we have!



If you have come from Barb's blog you are in the correct place...Now you saw mention of a letter...Mine is "E"...remember that as it is an important part of this hop....In thinking about this scripture and the challenge Kelly issued I believe that I am blessed to be a grandma and share my life challenges and joys with my sweet loving grand daughter...I am also blessed that I will be grandma again in a few months. I also, was blessed to have a volunteer mom whom I learned that it is much more fun to give than receive. One of my greatest joys in life has been volunteering, as team moms, Sunday school teacher, fundraiser organizer, worker bee, and many other wonderful fun experiences. Of course I love to craft, read, bake and sew when time permits but I think the greatest joy is being able to share obvious and some hidden gifts that I have been blessed with, with others..so.....here is my card.
The image is a mo manning grandma..... see the pleasure on her face...bet she's reading a letter from her granddaughter...lol. As per Kelly's request I have used a green background with umber and white card stock for the layers...Plain and simple card but I did love the image....

Thanks so much for stopping by...please take time to visit the other gals on this hop...your next stop will be....Maxine's blog. Maxine is our guest blogger and we are excited to have her..

Also, my letter is "E".

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

MiamiKel said…
Seriously Carol, your way with words just totally made me lose it! I am sitting hear misty eyed thinking of what a TREASURE you are to your girls an granddaughter and how much love you have for your family. It just comes through in all your writings and things you share - you are a remarkable lady, mom, grandma, extraordinary in all ways! Your card is FANTASTIC! I love your work with MOs! you make them come to life :)

Blessings to you my wonderful COF sister!
Barb said…
I love this card and the image is too darn cute! I think I need it. Love your story too and I am so glad to be in this wonderful group with you!
JD/ Jill said…
Great post...and cute card! I really like this image it makes me think of my sweet Grandma, who Always wore her Apron, gave (made) me some too. Jill aka JD from PAUSA at SCS
Carol that is one awesome card - love the grandma image, and I know what you mean about being blessed with grand children!
Bless you as you continue giving of what is in your hands.
Maxine
Zella said…
Carol, such a pretty card - and a lovely post! I'm amazed at your talent and your giving nature with all the volunteer activities you do.
Unknown said…
I enjoyed learning something new about you! Your card is beautiful!
Unknown said…
I enjoyed learning something new about you! Your card is beautiful!
Shelly Schmidt said…
Your card is wonderful- loving the great image and the expression on her face wraps up the sentiment you are writing with- so joyful! My grandma always had an apron on, and was quite the cook : ) Bless you!
Irish Cherokee said…
A delightful image Carol. Great coloring and beautiful card.
Shirley said…
Hi Carol, I love Mo's images and this is one of my favorites! You really did her justice! I like the DP and colors you chose to really make her pop! You did a wonderful job of painting her too Miss 'E'!
kadie said…
Gorgeous card. I always love what you do with Mo's images. You really have a special way of making them come to life in card form! xoxo
:: BlueInks :: said…
I really like how you layered the card and fussy cut the image. It looks great!