older posts

Show more

Dueling Darling May Challenge

The duel is on and I late but posting on the 15th so technically just a bit late...I was getting ready to post my card when the batteries on my camera decided that they were finished..I had to go get batteries this morning and finally got back to my post. Our lovely hostesses were Paola for the Dazzlers and Judy for the Divas. Judy sent us an amazing kit with tons of things to play with.  Thank you so much Judy, I had so much fun playing. I chose the Sparkling Creations "Ukelele Josh" to use from the kit...Judy also sent along Bild marlarna "mimsa violin" which I also colored up but haven't made a card with yet. She also included a big selection of dsp along with many accessories to match....

Here is my card:

I used a white base and the Imaginice, live loud "garage Band", crate and paper, paper tad for the herringbone dsp. All of the papers were wonderful and it was hard deciding what to choose for this card. I used the sheet music washi tape and the black button and black and white twine to finish off the front.

Here is the inside;


On the inside I used the black embossed sheet music panel and one of the sentiments Judy sent. I also used music not stickers...Thanks again Judy for all the fun.. as an extra we were asked what song and who we would dedicate it to if we could dedicate a special song. This one is a toughie for me. I can think of several but I think one would be "Special Angel" to my granddaughter. She is so special to me and I am so glad I'm close enough to see her often.

Thanks for stopping by, please stop by the rest of the duelers sites. I am sure you won't be disappointed...

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

:: BlueInks :: said…
Oh, I was hoping that someone would fussy cut this image! I really think that it looks good the way you cut it and have the DP panel behind it. You colored the image - especially the hat - so well!!!
~Paola~ said…
awww what a sweet boy image,perfectly colored and fussy cut to showcase him to the fullest!
Love this card and all the lil details you applied here! Great job my friend!♥
Barb said…
Carol--your card is awesome! I too love that you fussy cut in the cute image. What great colors and a sweet layout too--I love that you used so much of Judy's great kit.

I am so happy to be a Darling with you and that you are on my team!
Darlene said…
Carol, this is so, so pretty! I'll join the others in saying that fussy cutting the image really makes a big difference. He just draws the eye and your coloring is wonderful.

Love the details, the papers, and how you've blended them all perfectly in your layout. You really nailed this duel my friend!
Oh my goodness, Carol. This is so cute! I love the fussy cutting - wow! It takes so long to do that but the look it makes is fantastic.

DARLING card, my friend!
MiamiKel said…
Oh super charming this is! I love how you cut the image out, that must have taken ages but worth it! Super design and all around fabulous! ♥
Terry Ladwig said…
Your card turned out super cute Carol!! Love how you fussy cut the image and he is colored perfectly!!

Great job this round my friend!!
Jacquel said…
What a cute card Carol! I really like that image & how you colored her...love the music notes you added too!!!
Shelly Schmidt said…
What a fun exchange you are part of! Your card is wonderful- loving the sweet image and how you added it to your card, and loving he inside- the sentiment looks fab on the black embossed panel.
dweatter said…
Great card. Put he image is so cute and I love the layout you used.
Judy McMullen said…
Hi Carol! Today's the last day in May and I'm finally getting around to all the DD's blogs!! I love, love, love your beautiful card. Terrific layout showcasing your beautifully, vibrant colored and cut out Ukelele Josh! Great use of papers, washi tape, button and twine!!! Love how you used sentiment, papers and musical notes on the inside!

Thanks for sharing your song dedication to your sweet granddaughter! And thanks for blessing my life with your friendship! So glad you liked my kit!