older posts

Show more

Kit 10

Hi all, I finished my card from my kit from Darlene. First off I have to apologize for being so slow in getting this posted and second, I do wish I was better at taking pictures. This card really does look better in real life.

Darlene sent me a kit chock full of goodness...I have plenty left over to make several more cards. The image is the Northwoods stamp "Common blue butterfly on Sunflower blossom Square". This was a fun stamp to ink up. Darlene also sent a 6x6 designer pad "field of notes" by SEI and holy hanna these papers are beautiful...(the picture certainly doesn't do them justice AT ALL)...and there were yellow and magenta twine and blue ribbon by American crafts, Twinkle goosebumps in gold and green, glitter brads by SU various gems from her stash and ribbon flowers by Offray. As you can see I didn't use a ton of the embellishments as the papers and image was so intricate.

Here is my card:







 


I colored the image with copics and although you can't really see it there is blue glitter pen, gold glitter pen, black glitter pen and green glitter pen which I have used to highlight the image. The base is umber brown cardstock and the green layer is a piece of the dsp, each panel has one of the different patterns in the pack. I used the gold  twine to make a little flower and the gold goosebump for the center of the flower. Thank you , thank you, thank you Darlene for the fun, fun, fun kit. I had so much fun playing with it.

Jeanette thank you for starting this swap. My month was so much fun...

Thanks for stopping by,
Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol


Comments

Wonderful work Carol... and love the verse and pst in the Granma card below too. Sounds like a fun group. Shaz in Oz.x
:: BlueInks :: said…
Such a pretty card! You colored that butterfly like no ones business. It looks so striking. Great job, Carol!
Barb said…
Carol--this card is stunning. Love the image and the colors are spectacular. Love the glitter you added too. Great job on the kit from Darlene!
Jacquel said…
LOVE this!!!!! That butterfly is gorgeous & I really like your layout...awesome work Carol & TFS!!!!!