older posts

Show more

"Christmas is Coming" The Paper Shelter Challenge #448

 Hi all I have been lax the last month. Life took off and I got behind, but  I had an opportunity to create a card for this weeks challenge. "Christmas is Coming".  I chose the image Dear Santa to use for the challenge today. I love the images at the Paper Shelter and my oh my the Christmas images are adorable. I went shopping and picked up several. It is dangerous for me to shop there as I want them ALL,,,

My card is rather plain but I wanted to highlight the cute santa. I colored my image with prisma colored pencils and gamsol. I've been trying to get better with my coloring with colored pencils. So I'll keep practicing. Here is my card:


I used a blue velvet paper to mount my image on.  I also used the velvet paper in my layout. I cut the believe out 3 times and layered  them together to create a dimensional look.Like I said earlier it is rather plain but I likw how it turned out.

Thank you for stopping by. I do appreciate it.

Until next time,

Hugs

Carol 






Comments

aussie aNNie said…
Nothing plain about this card, it's gorgeous....xx
Carol, this is so cute! I love the image you used!
What an amazingly sweet image Carol, and I love how you have mounted it and let it be the star of your card!
I know what you mean about life taking off and leaving you behind - it's been doing that for to me for the past couple of months!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine