older posts

Show more

Hot Mess = Success

Hi all, Today is the 12th of the month and it time to join my friends in making a card and making it using something in the creation that is messy creating a success. I love this challenge as I am not the neatest crafter but I do like trying new things. This month I am using a product I purchased at one of the craft shows I went to. It is a glitter sheet and a design that is printed on acetate. For all that know me you know I love Glittah and it can be really messy. In this case it is not but it is a bit tricky none the less. I have a card group I am going to and we all are bringing a card to make so i am bringing this card and see how it goes over. 

I purchased my acetate designs and the sticky glitter paper from stamp on it. I chose a design of a park bench in the winter. I thought it looked like Christmas time. With this image you place the acetate design on the table with dull side up and peel off the protective layer from the glitter paper and stick it to the back of the image to create a sparkly pretty image . I also like glimmer sp. I filled a small spray bottle with alcohol and added the content of a shimmer pen to it. I then shook it up and sprayed it on the white paper layer.Then ran it through my cuttlebug with t embossing folder. It is hard to see the shimmer but it is there. I took a Gina Marie die and cut a square in the top embossed shimmer layer. I taped the image down on the card and mounted up the top layer over the image to create the front of the card..

Although you can't see it well at this point I added some glitter gel to the snow and some red glitter glue to the birds

At this point I cut out 3 of the peace word on silver holographic paper and mounted one on top of the other and adhered it to the bottom of the front of the card. I didn't put a saying inside but will later.

Here is the finished card. 



Thank you for stopping by today. I really appreciate it. Please stop by the other Hot Mess blogs and check out the new "messy" ideas they came up with. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol 







Comments

aussie aNNie said…
wow absolutely beautiful card Carol, it's full of peace for sure. xx
Carol, it looks like there is snow in the air with all the glitter/sparkle! Your card is absolutely gorgeous!
Barb said…
This card is so pretty. I love all of the sparkle and glitter! Great Job this month!
What a beautiful card Carol - you have managed to capture some of the glitter and sparkle in the photos - it must look amazing IRL!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine