older posts

Show more

November DDD Challenge--Red Nosed

 Hi all, it is the 15th of the month and the challenge is on once again. This month Shelly  sent kits for the Dazzlers and I sent out the kits for the Divas. When Shelly and I were discussing a topic Shelly suggested Pilgrims and a Thanksgiving theme. I asked her about images as I didn't have any that I knew of . She said she got some from CC designs. I looked at the site and didn't see the pilgrims but did see a set called Reindeer Games. I got back to Shelly and after a bit of back and forth we decided on "Red Nosed" for the theme. With this theme we could have gone the direction of anything that would have had a red nose, however, I had to get the set Reindeer games as it was so darn cute so that is what the Diva's got as their image.  The dsp I sent was from Hobby Lobby as were most of the embellishments. The ribbons came from my stash.

I colored up my images with colored pencils and gamsol and them fussy cut them out. As I couldn't decide which image I was going to use I colored all the reindeer and cut them out. I used basic black as the base for my card and for the layering of the dsp. and started building the front of my card from there. I struggled a little as I had a bit of a hard time not getting the papers I wanted to use to not make the card too busy. 

Here is my card:


I thought this little guy was adorable so guess who got to go on the card...I did used glitter glue on the fur part of his hat and the pom pom on the end of his hat to set that area apart. 

Thank you for stopping by, I do hope you like my card. If you have a few minutes, please stop by the rest of the DDD's blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed in their creations.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol 


Comments

Very cute card. Your colouring is terrific. You and Shelly's card kits really rocked this month!
terry serman said…
Very cute! Love your use of the embellishments!
Carol, your card is so cute - and not busy at all. I love the way you placed everything so very carefully! I also love the theme that you and Shelly came up with and loved hearing how it evolved! Thanks for making this a great duel!
Tracie said…
Carol you card is adorable. Love the sparkle on the hat. So cute.
Donna said…
Carol, this is adorable! And such a fun theme for the kits! Perfect for this time of year. Love your embellishments. Hope you are staying safe. Thanks for visiting my blog.
Shelly Schmidt said…
Darling card- and a great and fun image! Love your great coloring and sparkle on the hat. So glad we chose red nose- so darn cute and a wonderful way to end the year of dueling!
Judy McMullen said…
Carol, your card is adorable! Love the paper you chose to use and that ever so cute reindeer. Thanks for giving the Divas such a great kit! I love everything you included in the kit. I have so loved being a Diva with you all these past 10 years. Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving and holiday season!!
Darlene LeTavec said…
Adorable image and an adorable card! Love the papers you used and the others that the Divas used. They're all so pretty! Thanks for such a fun theme.
...And I can really see why you like this stamp set!
aussie aNNie said…
Stunning post, superbly created and love your colours, images and oh, love the whole lot. x
Barb said…
First--thanks for such a sweet card kit this month! I love the sweet images! Your card rocks--love all of the details, but especially the shimmer and shine! It is perfect!!!!