older posts

Show more

CCL June--Salt Life

Hi all, I'm here a bit late today as I didn't get a chance to post last night....life kind of took over. ...But I am here and at least on fhe right day.  This month Kelly sent us all kits. What an awesome surprise and a huge undertaking for Kelly. She managed to get them all out despite some "life" interuptions. Thank you Kelly for your generosity. I appreciate your hard work.

Here are the details for the kit Kelly sent:

Salt Life!

I live in Miami and we are all about the beach and tropics and a popular saying here, as well as stickers on nearly every car, is #SaltLife! I looked through my stash and saw this ‘roaming gnome’ ready for summer and bought the matching paper for us to use. The rest is all from my stash.

Image: Photo Play Tulla and Norbert's Excellent Adventure Collection and matching paper collection and stamped onto #110 Recollections with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.

Embellishments are from my stash: Altenew enamel dots, prima flower, brads are Making Memories, etc\ Ribbons: Hobby Lobby, misc brands

 I thought this little gnome was so cute. I couldn't wait to color him up. I used colored pencils to color him and a copic pen to color the flamingo. Kelly sent such pretty papers I wanted to use as many as I could. I went searching for a layout and came up with this split closure tri card from Dawn Griffith. It really caught my eye and I was able to use 4 of the dsp I recieved in the kit  On the front of the card I used the bakers twine, flowers and yellow sticky dots. I mounted my gnome on dimentionals before mounting him on the layered rectangle and then mounted the gnome/background on the bottom layer of the card. I struggled a bit with the card at first but it then fell into place rather quickly.  

Here is my card:

front                  inside

  side view.

Thank you for stopping by. I do hope you like my card. Please take a few minutes and stop by the other Classy Card Ladies blogs and see what they have created. I am sure you will not be be disappointee.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol




Comments

Barb said…
What a fun card Carol--I love the fold. You used some of the fun papers and that image is too dang cute!
Darlene LeTavec said…
Carol, that's an impressive layout/fold!! I'll have to go find it, thanks for sharing!! It really does show off the papers nicely and you did a super job of using the other elements in the kit. Way to go!!
Carol, this is fabulous card - awesome fold, great coloring, and the perfect use of the kit items, too. Well done!
Shelly Schmidt said…
Wow- love this fun fold card- it is so nice and a fun way to use coordinating DP too! Love this fun summer gnome with a flamingo : ) A very sweet card!!!
aussie aNNie said…
Fab n fun fold, great card and lovely papers. xxx
What a fun card - such cheerful colours, and I love how you coloured the gnome Carol. A great fold too, perfect for displaying the papers on
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Suzy Sprague said…
Great fun card! I like that new fold plus the number of papers you used. Just so cute!