older posts

Show more

Hot Mess=Success June 2021

Hi all. Today is the day for our monthly hot mess=success challenge. 

Barb, Darlene, 
Kelly, Jeanette. Terry and I create cards for the Hot Mess Success challenge each month and share them on the 12th.


It's Anything Goes - as long as there is something messy involved.

This month once again I was playing with the water color background which I am having fun with but not getting the results I would like on some of the attempts. I've worked with the alcohol ink, water color paints and today I am using the color burst watercolor powders . I chose fushia and turquoise. I decided that I would try the technique on a coffee filter rather than a piece of water color paper to see what  it would produce. The coffee filter wasn't quite as absorbent as I would have liked and it didn't seem to pick up the colors as well (this could be due to the material or the crafter). After applying the colors and working with the powders and water I set the first filter aside and picked up the extra from the first filter and used a second filter so as not to waste the extra colors. I placed both filters on a piece of paper towel and let them dry. (the paper towels absorbed some of the water color ink and actually looke pretty.). Once dry I cut one of the filters in half and cut it out with a die cut from Gina Marie. The coffee filter cut ok but I think it should have been run thru 2 more times to make the cut absolutely crisp. I then placed a full page die cut over the card base and placed my die cut background over the full panel die. I colored and cut the image out and placed it on the coffee filter panel. To finish off the card I placed rhinestones in each corner of the coffee filter panel.



Here is my card:

H

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I really appreciate it. Please take time and visit the other hot mess blogs...I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time.
Hugs
Carol


Comments

Barb said…
Carol--this card is stunning. You are making the watercolors look easy. Great Job my friend!
aussie aNNie said…
Super gorgeous and just love that embossing folder too. xx
The coffee filters really seem to soften the brushos colour, and it looks really elegant behind your gorgeous flower
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Darlene LeTavec said…
WOW!! Just...WOW!! Incredible results! Not sure that I could do this but you certainly NAILED IT! It's beautiful.
Carol, this card looks fabulous! You did a great job with the "mess" technique!
Shelly Schmidt said…
How beautiful! Love your beautiful floral image, and your technique piece is beautiful and soft- and perfect too!!! Love this card!