older posts

Show more

Hot Mess = Success May 2022

 



Hi all today is the day of the Hot Mess =Success challenge. This was started by Kelly and I was invited to join. The other group members are Barb, Jeanette and  Darlene and of course Kelly when she gets to create and post a card, The usual theme is anything goes and I have really learned and seen many new techniques and fun cards since I joined.

This month I googled to see if there was something new to me to try. My new to me technique is swiping ink over a dry embossed image. It looked easy when I watched the you tube video......right. I used 3 colors of inks on each panel and after I was ok with the background I sprayed each panel with a shimmer spray to add a little wow to the backgrounds. On some of them I used stickles to pump up the background a bit as well. 

I took 5 different embossing folders and 5 white pieces of white cardstock and embossed them and started off. My first card was a 3 flower image. I used distress ink to swipe ink over the image. I swiped 3 different colors on each . I wasn't at all impressed at all with my first attempt.....

I used lavenders and a couple swipes of green.


Back to the drawing board. I decided to use a full embossing background for the next 4 cards since I liked it better. 


I had colored up several images awhile ago and went through my images and thought these might be appropriate for the backgrounds I had created. I mounted the images on mounting tape to pop them up so they wouldn't get lost in the background The last 4 backgrounds I decided I liked. My fingers were all sorts of colors but it was a fun mess and something I had never tried before.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I do hope you like the cards I created and the technique I chose. Please stop by the other blogs and see what each of my friends have created. I am certain you will not be disappointed.

Until next time...
Hugs,
Carol




























Comments

Oh my goodness... you are an over-achiever, Carol. I love all of these! I'm not sure why you weren't happy with the first one. I think it's awesome. That being said, I'm kind of glad you weren't because it meant you kept creating.
What a wonderful selection of cards Carol - the bubbles look such fun in the multiple colours, and the last two cards are so very elegant - great work
Blessings
Maxine
aussie aNNie said…
Gorgeous cards and image -lovely colours. Sorry not always able to comment as my facebook group takes up a fair bit of my time...x