older posts

Show more

May DDD Challenge--rainbows

Hi all, as most of you know today is the 15th and the duelers are at it again. This month Kelly sent everyone a kit so each dueler is working off a creative idea that was sent to them by Kellly. This is what she had to say.

"We are a rainbow!" Each of us brings a light and color to life. We are all an important "band" of the rainbow. We have all been given a randomly chosen color and our challenge was to use ONLY your color to represent our band of the rainbow.

My color is 'BLUE'. I'm not sure if Kelly knew that blue has always been my color since I was a little girl. My uncle used to buy me presents for Christmas and when he purchased clothes they were always blue because he thought the color looked good on me and it was my color according to him. 

I wasn't sure exactly sure how I was going to do this card but I pretty much did it exactly the way I read the instructions. I used a circle die to make the base of the card using pacific point SU cardstock. I then made a white circle insert for the front of the card to situate the rainbow on. Since I wasn't a fan of the plain circle I used a falling rain embossing folder on the white circle and added the rainbow to this. At the bottom of each band of the rainbow I placed a blue rhinestone. I then cut the word Celebrate out of the pacific point paper 3 times and mounted them on each other. When I had all 3 together I then mounted them on the bottom of the card.

Here is my card:

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. If you have a chance please stop by the other blogs to see their color of the rainbow and what they created with it. I am certain you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Carol, I'm so glad you received "your" color since blue not only looks good on you; it also looks good on your card. How creative to make it round! Ad the placement of the gems is perfect. I love it!
Barb said…
Your card is so cool Carol--perfect random choice color for you! You do rock the circle cards and this one is so sweet. Great Job!
Darlene LeTavec said…
I just love that you made a circular shaped card!!! You matched the blue rainbow pieces perfectly. How great is it that you received "your" color!!!
Lorraine said…
Such a clever design - great job!