older posts

Show more

May 2022 Double Duty - Stampingbella

 


Hi all, today is the day for our Double Duty Challenge. Barb created this challenge and it is a ton of fun. Each month we are to pick a stamp from a predetermined stamp company and create two cards with it. It is to contain two items on each card which are the same making the card double duty. This months stamp company is Stampingbella. I chose to use the set "Gnome Pile". 

I saw this set awhile ago and thought it was so cute so of course as any stamper would I hit BUY. Fun little gnomes. My cards both use the gnomes and sentiment, they are made with the same layout and they both have a white card base. My first card I used dies from Our Daily Bread called Lavish Layers. I found this at one of the stamp conventions I went to and loved it. I have used it alot and am so glad I made the purchase. I stamped and colored my image with colored pencils and then cut out the image with one of the smaller dies. I cut the second layer from the same die set and then dry embossed it. The focal image looked too plain so I used a blending brush and tumbled distress ink to add some color around the image. I mounted the image with mounting tape, added some flat brads (Gina Marie) and stamped the sentiment and added it to the card. 

     
My second card I did pretty much the same only I fussy cut the image and used a double sided designer paper for the second layer. I die cut the larger piece with the largest die in the die cuts and flipped it over and cut the second die in the middle of the dsp. (double duty). I then mounted the green layer with mounting tape and attached it using mounting tape again to attach the image. I finished the card off with the sentiment mounted at the top of the card at an angle. 

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the cards. Please stop by the other double duty challengers listed on my blog. I am sure you will not be disappointed with their wonderful creations.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Carol, those gnomes sure make me smile. They are adorable! I love how you framed them with those intricate dies, too. Very pretty!
I have those dies and love them too, Carol, Love your double duty cards, especially how you made the paper do double duty :) Those gnomies are gorgeous
Blessings
Maxine
Barb said…
These sure are cute--I too would hit buy! The frames are also sweet! Great colors and such cuties this month!