older posts

Show more

Mystery Image Challenge #10

I think I broke a record...3 posts in one week...bonus...lol....I belong to a group of fun talented swappers that have a mystery image swap going on. We all get the same image and make 3 cards to swap and 1 for the hostess. This round the hostess that supplied us with the images was Linda H. She gave us this beautiful image the size of a background or one could cut it down...or any other creative ideas a person could come up with....


I started with this image and had a whole different path I was going down...but it didn't work the way I had intended so I started over again...I colored the image with copic markers and then embossed the whole image with iridescent ice embossing powder...(my glitter...lol) I then cut around the outside of the image so that I could mount it on the cuttlebug embossed lavender paper. This was all mounted on a base of SU discontinued lovely lilac card stock...I took the saying from a newly discontinued SU set and punched it out with a plain oval punch and mounted it on a scalloped lovely lavender oval that was mounted on mounting tape to give it extra dimension.

Inside I put white card stock so that whomever gets this can either write inside or put an additional sentiment. I also cut out and embossed the lovely lilac butterfly to bring the front image into the inside of my card.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you liked my card.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

MiamiKel said…
We love your posts!! Keep 'em coming!! This is a beauty, live the embossed background ;) big hugs my friend!!
Barb said…
WOW--I love your card. I really like that you cut out the image and embossed all of it.

Stunning colors and a beautiful card!
Melina said…
Oooo, Ooooo, Ooooo!! I love how you cut out the image! Great touches :)
:: BlueInks :: said…
Carol, you cut the image just perfect. I love that there is solid paper and free edges.

Moving on the to the coloring....awesome! I also like that you did not color everything.

Great idea on the overall sparkle. This one is a winner!!!!
~Paola~ said…
ohhhhh THUD!!! my jaws dropped to the floor..
vavavavavavoooommmmm! This card is EXCEPTIONALLY dead gorgeous!! I absolutly LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!!!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥sooo divinely colored and ohhh look at that embossing and cut edges...really really BEAUTIFUL Carol!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Samantha said…
nanananana....I got one of these fab beauties...my favorite card ever! Love IT! Thank you!