older posts

Show more

Classy Card Ladies Feb Challenge--"Cactus"

Hi all, today is the  15th of the month and we are once again rising to the challenge that Debby from the Pearls and Suzy from the Diamonds chose. The two of them put their heads together and chose "Catus" for the theme this month. I recieved lmy kit from Suzy. The kit contained :

Deadbeat designs: Cactus image  Texana Designs sentiment  DSP from the paper studio Flowers from the Paper Studio and misc other embellishments.


When I got my kit I was xo excited as we have not had a challenge like this one. It was fun to work with. I colored the image with colored pencils and then used a circle die to cut it out. I then went searching for a layout as I wasn;t sure what I was going to do with the card itself. I really like the layout I found. I used a piece of each of the dsp on this card. I also ued the green rhinestones from Floral Garden and the Pink bling from offray to finish off the front of the card. On the inside I used the sentiment Suzy sent layered on the basic blac paper and took a strip of the lime green paper to finish off the inside of the card. Szuy had mentioned that once in awhile a cactus will "volunteer" to grow in her garden. I had to chuckle as my sister hasseveral Volunteer plants that chosen her garden to volunteer in

Here is the front of my cardL


And here is the inside:


Thank you Suzy for the wonderful kit and Thank all of you for stopping by. I do appreciate it.

Please stop by the other classy ladies blogs/galleries. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol .



Comments

Carol, your card is so creative... fun, too! I like the bits of paper in the corner and the fun circle cut image. Beautiful inside and out!
Laura Jean (LJ) said…
Love this carol! what a fun way to fit all those patterned papers into one card.
Tracie said…
So pretty Carol. Your layout is just perfect.
Barb said…
This is so cool! I love the flags with the bright pops of color. What a fun card Carol!
Darlene LeTavec said…
Well...LOOK AT THIS LAYOUT!!!! hehehe I love it! The black layers really make it sharp. Your coloring is perfect!
aussie aNNie said…
This is a fabulous card, so pretty with the background and images.. great design.. ♥
Shelly Schmidt said…
Loving this layout- a great way to showcase your pretty images and papers! Such a fun duel!
What a great layout you found Carol, and a wonderful card as a result.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
MiamiKel said…
Carol, shut the front door! This card design rocks the house! I love it! Such a perfectly fun way to use the kit and showcase all of it! Bravo! Thank you for being YOU!
Suzy Sprague said…
Fantastic card! The layout shows so much of the kit. Great job!