older posts

Show more

Hot Mess=Success Feb 2021

 Hi all, I am late but am here. Some of you know I just became a granny nanny for my youngest daughters 3 kids. Two boys 5 and 6 and a sweet little girl 5 months old. The boys love to do things but they have decided crafts are not their thing. I did an "experiment" the shaving cream technique. I had made a card with one of the pieces of experiment and thought I had taken a picture.....apparently I "thought" was just that a thought. I could not find the picture anuwhere so I made another card for this challenge. (When I go over on Monday I will take a picture of the original card for next month).

I had made the multicolored background a couple months ago and I must say it was messy. I did the alchol ink background on white paper in pink colors. I then sprayed the inked piece of paper with a shimmery spray made from alcohol and wink of stella liquid. I loved how the sheet turned out. After everything dried I dry embossed the background with We R Memory Keepers Geometric folder.. I really liked how the whole sheet turned out. When I decided to remake my card I used this sheet of paper and cut it out with a spellbinders die (I don't know the name) and topped it with an image I had colored up. I used copics to color the image and highlighted it with clear stickles. I also  embossed the black with the same folder that I had used on the background of the flowers. I added a bias tape bow and added rhinestones. Here is my card:



I know this isn't a great picture but the lighting was a bit poor and I wanted to get my post done today. 

Thank you for stopping by. I do appreciate it.
Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol


Comments

aussie aNNie said…
Oh gosh how pretty, love the dark background with the lighter shade in front. I have an embossing folder similar to this or maybe the same....it's beautiful....xx
How beautiful Carol, I love the pinks you have used, and that embossing folder is a great design contrast. I enlarged the image and had a good look at the details :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Barb said…
WOW--what a beautiful card. This is so pretty--thanks for playing this month!
Shelly Schmidt said…
Oh my- I had to re-read how you did this- what a gorgeous card!!!