older posts

Show more

The Paper Shelter challenge 454 Happy Birthday

 Hi all, I'm here to enter the Paper Shelter challenge 454 Happy Birthday. I have several images from the Paper Shelter as I have been picking them up little by little since I saw them on Annie's blog. I really like these images. They are so darn cute. 

The challenge this week is Happy Birthday. I had picked up this cute image "So Chic". I colored this image up with colored pencils and copics (for the skin). The image is so cute and I don't think I did her justice so will try once again, I cut out the image and mounted it on an irridescent purple/black paper. I also cut out the happy birthday in the same paper. (I cut two of the happy birthday out of white and mounted one on top of another and then topped with the irridescent happy birthday words).  I layered a layer of irridescent paper over the white base and then a layer of white embossed paper. I mounted the image on a die cut oval and then popped up the whole layer. I added a touch of clear/white stickles in a few areas to finish off my card. I have not put a sentiment inside as I am not sure who will get this card.

Here is my card:


Thank you so much for stopping by. I do appreciate it. If you haven't yet, please stop by The Paper Shelter and check out their cute images.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol


Comments

aussie aNNie said…
Hi Carol, I agree the PS images are gorgeous as is your card. Love that frame and embossing folder you used. Don't think I have seen this image rather love it. xxx
Thanks for your sweet compliment too.
Linda Mc Enery said…
You did an awesome job with this image Carol! She really is a beauty, and I love the colours you've chosen for her and for your card. Gorgeous embossed background too! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter, and for using one of our images!
Linda
Carol, your card is beautiful! Lovely details from the sweet image with the lacy looking cut and then the lovely embossed background.
Oh Carol, what a gorgeous card - love how yu have coloured the image, and the mounting is exquisite
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine