older posts

Show more

Classy Card Ladies March challenge Butterflies

 This month  our challenge is Butterflies. Tracie from the Pearls and Barb from the Diamonds chose the theme for us. Barb sent me my kit. It is a fun kit and I loved the image and papers. 

The image is Tim Holtz Alterations Limitations Stamps and Die set.  The Pattern paper is from Stampin up  frosted floral dsp the kit also included various embellishments as well Thank you Barb. I loved the kit.

I chose a cut out butterfly to color up. I used colored pencils to color the butterfly. I did color two of them and had planned on making a second card. We are in the middle of a house remodel and everything is topsy turvy so I stayed with the one card I used a black base for the card and the green paper with the white design . I cut it out with the Spellbinders A2 Fancy Ribbon threader die. I then threaded the SU white ribbon through the slots. Between the ribbon pieces I used the black rhinestones.  I mounted the butterfly on a piece of mounting tape. Under the butterfly I mounted the sentiment Barb sent along. I really like how the card turned out. The paper and image were perfect for this challenge.

Here is my card:


Thank you so much for stopping by. I do appreciate it. Please stop by the other classy card ladies and see their creations. I am certain you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol 

Comments

Tracie said…
Love how you colored your butterfly. Beautiful card.
Carol, what a beauty you've created with that amazing butterfly. I love lacy/dotted cut!
Shelly Schmidt said…
So very beautifully done. Love your coloring and a great and pretty layout too! Fun Duel this month!
Darlene LeTavec said…
Beautiful job on that pretty butterfly! Love the threaded ribbon through those slots accented with the black rhinestones. I agree with you that the DP is absolutely perfect for the card. Nicely done Carol! Good luck with the remodeling.
Laura Jean (LJ) said…
So pretty Carol I Love the lighter colors on black. just a beautiful design!
Barb said…
How Pretty--Great colors and I love the threaded twine! I am glad you liked the kit this month!
Donna said…
This is stunning Carol! Love the large butterfly and your coloring of it. Gorgeous die cutting in the background! Nice job!
MiamiKel said…
WHat a stunner, Carol! I just love your die cut you've used to showcase the image - and your coloring is like WOWZA! Amazing card as always, my friend! Hugs!