older posts

Show more

Hot Mess = Success March 2021

 Today is the day when the gals from the Hot Mess = Success . A group of friends invited me to join this goup at the end of last year. To say I was honored is an understatement. The idea behind this group is that sometimes when we make a mess it can lead to SUCCESS...I personally am not a super neat crafter so this was right up my wheelhouse. Don't get me wrong I don't like being messy however, when I see something I like and it is messy I have to try it. The more I get into it sometimes the messier I am. This month I chose to use the napkin background/image in this case.  While I was cleaning in my craft room I ran across several packs of napkins I had purchased on clearance. I thought hmmmmmm I'll try this again so I got out my modge podge a big  brush and a few sheets of white cardstock cut in 4.24 x 5.5. I took the paintbrush and painted a thin coat of modge podge over the entire piece of cardstock. I then placed the front part of the napkin over the white cardstock. ( the last time I had done this my napkins had a couple layers of paper in them so I tried to make sure these weren't the same.) I then took my paintbrush and painted over the napkin. As I was painting the napkin the paper started  to separate. (So much for checking out the napkin ahead of time). So  I tried to peel them off my cardstock messy and not effective so I started again. This time I worked the napkins and separated the layers placing the top layer carefully over the cardstock. Then brushing modge podge over the layer making sure to try and keep the napkin smooth. I then let the modge podge dry, (Here are the napkins I used. )


        

After the napkins dried I cut the black white and pink napkin apart and used the sentiment on the front of my card and on the inside as well. Once I had cut out the sentiment to the size I wanted I mounted them on black and added a pop up on the front sentiment. On the inside I mounted the sentiment directly on the card. I then took the word celebrate and cut it out of the sides of the napkin in the black area. I cut two and mounted them together.  Here is my card:


   inside   


I used liquid pearls on the black corners of the mounting panel on the front sentiment. I also made a bow from seam binding to finish off the card.

Thank you so much for stopping by I do appreciate it. Please stop by the other hot mess success blogs and check them out.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol




Comments

A fabulous card Carol - love the sentiment, and how you have separated them to form the card. Awesome result
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
WOW! This looks awesome Carol! I love how that technique turned out.
Barb said…
How Fun-what a cute card. I do need to try this technique as I have seen it often lately.
aussie aNNie said…
Fabulous and cute fun card Carol, looks like a great technique...
I don't have a cricut, sold that but have had a silhouette cameo for about 6 years I use all the time. xx